There's always a book or two sitting by my bedside table. Right now it's The Lady and the Monk : Four Seasons in Kyoto. Seduced by Iyer's quest for 'the private Japan', I made these kimono dolls to mark my progress through the novel.
The A and B sides of Authentique's Enjoyment paper provides contrasting floral designs for my two kimonos. Their strong graphics and bold colours emulate fabric prints beautifully. Here's a tutorial if you like to make one of your own :
- Copy and cut out the template pieces
- Glue the dress around the body with a bit of feet peeping out the bottom
- Glue the back of the hair-piece to the head, leaving the front to dangle free
- Glue on the Obi or belt and the two sash tails
- There you have it, completed Kimono Doll bookmarks in use
Linking up to these parties.
Supplies : Authentique Celebrate (6"x6" bundle, details stickers), Bazzill White cardstock